At JSPS, we focus on the development of your child as a whole under the guidance of specially trained Montessori teachers. We follow the Montessori Method of beginning with Concrete and later on moving towards the abstract.
Some of our major contributions in Montessori are:
- Preparing the most natural and life supporting environment for the child.
- Observing the child freely in this environment.
- Continually adapting the environment in order that the child may fulfill his greatest potential – physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual.
- Children are divided into groups (DAISY, COSMOS, TULIPS, LOTUS and DAFFODILS). Each group is called an environment. Each environment accommodates 30 children with 2 teachers.
- A daily routine of prayer time, rhyme time, work time and play time is established right at the beginning of the session.
- Themes like colors, shapes, good habits, seasons etc are followed every month to enhance the child’s psychological understanding. Festivals, events etc are also observed according to the school calendar.
- A special time is allocated for activities like story telling, reading and planned conversation to build the comprehension skills of the child.
"Within the child lies the fate of the future. Whoever wishes to confer some benefit on society must preserve him from deviations and observe his natural ways of acting. A child is mysterious and powerful and contains within himself the secret of human nature."